Friday, January 25, 2008

More Bird ATC's!

Since last spring, I have been involved in a swap of Bird Themed ATC's. Each month we send another member of our group three atc's. This will be my last batch of ATC's for this swap.
It has been wonderful to see what each atist has created each month and to be able to add 3 new atc's to our personal Birdie collections. We will each end up with 30 Birdie ATC's! At the beginning of this swap we each made a specail folder or book like structure which would eventually hold all of the ATC's.

For my last batch, I decided to really push the Mixed Media envelope. I made two atc's using needle felting techniques. I am not sure which one I will keep for myself, and which will go to Jo in Australia, we shall see.
This is the first ATC.

For the background I used a piece of a fulled wool sweater. Then I added the bird and the tatted vintage trim along the top. To attach the trim I laid a very small amount of pink fleece over the trim and stabbd the neddle through all of the layers. To finish the edges I felted on some wool yarn and then added the fringe beeds with a beading needle and beading thread.. the little flowers are sequins with seed beads in the middle to hold them down.

This is the second ATC. It took me only 30 minutes to make this one start to finish, as I was much more sure of what I was doing!

I had a bit more fun with the birds tail feather's here! I am very happy with both of them! Now I have only two more ATC's to finsih for Jo, but these are the only ones that I will needle felt for her batch.

3 comments:

artisbliss said...

These are really cute ATCs. Amazing so much creativity can be packed into such a small space.

Dianne said...

Oh, they are just too cute!!

FrenchGardenHouse said...

These are so totally c u t e!!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog GIVE AWAY!

xo Lidy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails