Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A Visitor

Today I spent a few moments setting up for some sunprinting. I have had a lonely idea rolling around in my head for quite awhile now. Finally it has gathered enough detritus and dust bunnies to evolve into a full fledged idea and I wanted to get started. (Sometimes this process takes awhile....) I have been wanting to combine sunprinting with quilting and then painting and embellishing to create an art quilt. I have been so inspired by the work of Laura and Linda Kemshall and their fabulous book The Painted Quilt.


With both of these pieces I will quilt and then paint and then embellish.



I don't even want to begin to count the number of projects I have going on simultaneously!!! But I could not pass up the sunshine and the lack of wind and the presence of the flowers and foliage that I needed from the garden!!


I was finishing arranging the pieces on the wet fabric, a movement in the adjacent flowerbed caught my eye.


Seeing amazing creatures like this Praying Mantis , in my garden, along with all of the birds and butterflies, is the amazing payoff for gardening organically!!!!!!!

Isn't she amazing??? (I have decided that she is a she because it is my garden!!)

5 comments:

Barb said...

YES! These photos are amazing!
Thanks for sharing. How lucky you were to be able to capture it on film.

Kate North said...

I look forward to seeing what you do with the sunprints - they are lovely to start with. I've done a few of those (sunprint quilted and then embellished) but I think it may be time for another one. If only we'd ever ever get any sun! Great mantis, too. How lucky to see her.

artisbliss said...

I'm looking forward to seeing the finished project with these sunprints. Too bad you couldn't convince the mantis to hold still long enough to be part of the print!

Unknown said...

Wowza...what AMAZING photos.. what an amazing visitor to your garden...wicked!!! Barbara was right, worth a visit to your blog x

mariasangel said...

Hi Elizabeth!! I love the sun printing!! I have been wanting to try this as well--but I think I am going to save it for next summer ;)Can't wait to see what you create with them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails