Here you can see the red curly fleece and then hits of purple curls and some purple Tussah silk and some small pieces of red cheesecloth added for some texture. The sparkle comes from some ANgelina fibers that I tucked in under the purple curls.
I also decided to make this piece a bit more narrow- I wnet from 8 inches on the pink to 6 inches on the purple/red.
here is a shot of the sandwich once I flipped it over to add wool to the other side. You can see that this time I used a very open weave purple gauze fabric for the core.
Tomorrow I will needle felt it , do Free Motion Stitching on it and then wet felt and dry. More pictures will follow!!