Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Joy Of The Hunt

Today I am off to join three of my best local art pals for a THrift Store Tour and lunch!! We will also be celebrating Trina's birthday which falls on Jan 1. I made a pincushion for the Birthday Girl as she is starting to integrate sewing more and more into her artwork. I love Functional art!!!
I felted a wonderful Fair Isle sweater that I found at Goodwill, for the front and used a pink sweater for the back. I edged the piece with vintage costume jewelry pearls and tiny raspberry pink beads. In the center is a lovely carved mother of pearl button! I hope that she likes it!!!


Before luch wea re descending on our favorite huge Thrift Store center, hopefully to discover some new treasures!! Hope that everyone has a great day!!

8 comments:

Elizabeth Seaver said...

Happy hunting!

Elizabeth

Talking Horses Arts said...

Love the pincushion!
Of course she will like it.
Had a thrift store afternoon too, is that not absolute bliss, finding all these treasures?
Andrea.

Anonymous said...

WOW! Those are magnificent!!!!

Judy said...

What a lovely pincushion! The only time that I am successful at felting is when it is my own handknit socks in the washer!!!! That is not a pretty sight!

Hope you had a great day and found some good gets!

xo

cardbookartist said...

I'm the lucky recipient of the pin cushion ... and yes, I *love* it! Thanks again, Elizabeth!
-Trina.

Tammie Lee said...

That is a lovely pin cushion. The colors you used with the sweet beads and best of all carved MOP buttons are charming together!

Dot said...

I hope you had a happy hunt! Love the pin cushion - your can turn your talented hands to anything my friend. Gorgeous!

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

Great pincushion! There's nothing I like better than enjoying a visit to a thrift store! I find more treasures and get more creative ideas there than any place else. And what fun to go with friends!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails