So as the puffed up doves sat outside I was at work in the studio playing and painting and creating components for book work and stitchery collage. Here are some pictures of what I was up to.
This piece of purple cotton was a do over from a session of gelatin mono-printing. It just was not up to standard so I went at it with a wonderful stencil and more acrylic paint. this will make wonderful additions to my fabric collage work!!
This is the start of my Bead Journal Project for February. I started by cutting a pattern of my own design from Freezer paper which I then ironed to the surface odf a piece of white cotton. I amde sure that it was well stuck to the fabric and then painted over the paper mask with my acrylic paints. Once the paint was totally dry, I peeled off the mask and this was the result. Now I will go in and do beadwork and add a favorite quote. Check back later towards the end of the month, to see how this project turns out.
After all of my paint play, I noticed that the freezer paper surface protector was even more fun than the fabric pieces. i took a bunch of pictures and I think that I am going to print them out and use them as book pages for some journals!