Saturday, January 13, 2007

Altered Book Spread

I have completed anopther spread for an Altered Book from the True Colors Round Robin that I am hosting. The colors for this book are Aquamarine, green with copper highlights. This is a beautiful leather bound book from an art friend who lives in Minnesota.

I started my work on this book by creating a focal piece using synthetic felt. I painted the felt piece with various colors of acrylic paint, sprinkled on embossing powder and heated the whole mess with my heat gun! After several more layers of embossing powder was added, I stamped into the hot mess with an inked stamp and allowed the whole thing to cool.
This is the result of the Tortured Felt piece. I completed this focal point by edgingit with copper paint and highlighting the word "butterfly" with a lavendar gel pen.
this is one of may favorite stamps and sentiments. It says "there's nothing in a caterpillar that tells you it's going to be a Butterfly.
This is the left hand side of the finished spread.


And this is the right hand side.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails