This next picture shows a close view of the collar that I created from watercolor paper. The original piece was twice as long, but I soon realized that it would be far too bulky for the book. I sewed the whole thing together as I wanted it to be very sturdy and it was much simpler to sew that lace on rather than glueing it to the paper edge. The button on the outside of the collar is made from polymer clay. I made a mold of an actual vintage button and used that mold to make the clay replica. I highlighted the details of the button with Pearl-Ex powders. Inside each of the pockets I put tags, each one different.
Each tag was madeusing a different image and on the reverse side , I wrote out information about Elizabeth and england during the time of her reign.
The owner of this book was extremely pleased with the work that I contributed to her book. I was very pleased as the whole project turned out better than I had anticipated!!! I just love it when it all works out this way !!!!!