Tuesday, February 20, 2007

White Inchies- 1x1 inch fabric collages

These little creations arequickly becoming the ART Group Swapping Rage. First it was ATC's then paper 1x1 inch squares and now fiber and fabric 1x1 inch squares. The group that I am swapping them on is calling them "Inchies". We are doing a whole color spectrum over the next several months and then folks do different things with them. I plan to mount them all together in patch work fashion. I have seen this done and it makes for a stunning presentation.
I put these together using white felt as the foundation and then quickly handstiched a piece of tea dyed jaquard fabric over the felt. Then I added bits of lace, beads and buttons and some tiny paper flowers and they were good to go. Took me about an hour or so. It was fun and different and fast!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails