Saturday, May 19, 2007

House Quiltie Creation

I have just finished my first Quiltie for a swap on one of my groups. The thememfor this swap was Houses. The first thing that popped into my head was a birdhouse. So I set about taking a picture of our bluebird house and printed it on fabric using my wonderful new color printer. (For printing on fabric, Epson-C88 can't be beat!)

I found the stick that the quilt hangs from along the Rappahanock river near Fredericksburg. One can find beautiful driftwood along rivers, I have found. The button on the right hand side of the quilt serves as the latch for the house.

Once the latch is open, you will find the nest inside. The fabric used for the background was an old tea towel that I dyes with strong tea and then I stamped the images using Staz-On Ink. I added fibers to the nest and cut the eggs out of hand painted fabric and stitched them into the nest.

I quilted the bird and the nest area with machine stitching following the stamped images.

Finally, this is the back of the quilt with my signature label and date.

I will be recieving a House Quiltie from one of the other gals in this swap. I will post pictures of it when it arrives!

3 comments:

Alis Clair said...

This is just gorgeous Elizabeth.

Hugs, Alis

Digitalgran said...

I love your quiltie Elizabeth and I also love my Epson D88 which is the UK version of your C88 for some strange reason.

Dianne said...

I love the nest - it's gorgeous. Great little quiltie....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails