Thursday, May 17, 2007

Passing Spring Blossoms

The weather, here in Virginia, is starting to heat up. My pansies and other spring beauties are beginning to feel the heat. I spent quite a bit of time outside with my camera to capture their glory before they wilt for the season. The bearded iris don't like the heat much either, they took a beating in a recent storm ,but the blooms were beautiful and fragrant while they lasted. I was thrilled that so many of them bloomed just one year after being moved from my garden in Oklahoma!!

WARNING!!!!: If you don't like looking at floral photography, you might want to skip this post!!!









English Primroses and Orange Marmalade Hosta.



Foliage of Orange Marmelade hosta.


These white iris were actually more silver than white and they perfumed the entire garden. It is a shame that they got thrashed by the thunder storm. The miracles of Mother natrue never cease to amaze me!!

3 comments:

Digitalgran said...

Skip the flowers? No way. They are very special photos IMO.

Judy Rys said...

I too love the flower photos. Very inspiring!

sherresartmusings said...

Love the purple iris photo a lot! You could turn it into a very cool art quilt!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails