Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Am I Obsessed with Birds ??


Considering all of the photos that I have been snaping lately, I think that I might be.  But then it could be the fact that we have just washed the windows and taken the screens off of a couple, as we never open those windows.  Now I can get good clear shots of the birds thru the windows.  Or it could be my fabulous new birdfeeder created by S. at Liberty Town, not a single squirrel has even attempted to try it on for size.  I think that I will blame the birdfeeder and how fabulous all the birds look sitting and dining and chatting there.!!

I really do think that these two are having a deep discusion about the quality of the seed available at this feeder.  They really look like they are conversing with each other!!!

I was particularly taken with the purple finche's new plummage that was mirrored by the new maple leaf buds.  I love the soft colors of brand new budding foliage!!

He must have felt me staring because I distinctly hear him ask "What you lookin' at ?"
No doubt I will show you more bird photos in future posts, as I do think that I love my birds!!!

6 comments:

gaylenona said...

Oooh...I'm so envious. You have a real cardinal at your feeder. Living in California, the closest I have gotten is my bird book and the one I stitched on a RR block.
Gayle
www.flickr.com/photos/stitchintime

Jeannie said...

My inlaws were in western NC and I loved seeing the cardinals and chickadees at their feeders. I would have my nose plastered against the window watching also!

Susan Lenz said...

Hi!
Thanks for the comment on my blog. You really should incorporate some of the artificial flowers from your local cemetery into your work. They'd make excellent additions to your great altered books. I also love that bird feeder....quite nice to have something so attractive with your feathered friends. It really does make an excellent photo!
Susan
(PS to other readers of these comments....I am talking about recycled artificial flowers from the DUMPSTERS and TRASH BINS at a cemetery....NEVER from the graves! Elizabeth knows this!)

Jane LaFazio said...

I'm right there with you with the bird obsession. cool bird feeder too!

Judy said...

Great birdie pics! That is a wonderful feeder.

Did you see my Little Elizabeths? They are so lovely....and I thank you!

Happy Easter!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

even the photos of the birds are High Art. The feeder is stunning and SQUIRREL proof??
Imagine seeing a Cardinal and a Purple Finch together. Fabulous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails