Sunday, August 14, 2011

Bead Soup Party!!!!


Any excuse for a party and I can't think of a better one than BEADS ,at the moment !! this year I am so excited to a be a part of the Bead Soup Blog Party that is the brain child of the amazing Lori Anderson. the sign up took place in early August and there are over 300 of us form all parts of the globe participating!! We each have blogs and Lori has assigned each of us a partner who we will be mailing Bead Soups to . Then we are each to create a piece of jewelry form our soup and post the pictures and story on our blogs.
I have been paired with the lovely and talented Bead artist Christine Brandel. I have an extra bonus as Christine lives in Richmond , VA about an hour away from me!!! So the potential exists for us to meet in person at some point in our futures!!! How COOL is THAT??!!!???
Christine has a wonderful Blog and I hope that you will all take a moment to pop by and see some of her bead work that she combines with metal work and and her glorious lamp work beads!! It is amazing that I have been paired with another artist who has a metal smithing background!! I have not gone back to my metal smithing skills in along time, but I do work with wire much more often of late.
I have been rummaging thru my stash and seeking treasures to send off to Christine and plan to get her special soup in the mail tomorrow!! Our task is to send off Soups that will stretch each other out of our Comfort zones! I just hope that she is pleased with what a have chosen for her! I am trying not to fret about it too much!!!!

hen we all have till September 17 to create a work from our soups and blog about our creations and REVEAL those Creations on our blogs!!!


Bring on the BEAD PARTY!!!!!

4 comments:

Pretty Things said...

So glad you're happy with your partner! I know Christine personally and I know you'll love her!

Christine said...

Aw, thanks for such a great intro, Elizabeth! I didn't know you had a metals background!! SO cool. Now we're going to have to get together. :)

And no fretting over the Soup....I will love whatever you send! I'm getting yours together, too...should go in the mail by Tues.

Anonymous said...

I am sure you will create something amazing, your energy is so focused on your bead work and it shows. xox Corrine

Baking Beads in the Keys said...

Elizabeth - where are those creations you have hanging on the line??? Goregeous. Thanks for visiting my blog.

Terri

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails