Friday, June 8, 2007

Gothic Arches Page Swap

I have just finished 11 pages for a swap at my local Altered Arts group. We will be swapping pages all based on the same template with a Renaissance , Gothic theme. I stamped on acetate transparency using a stamp that I carved myself. Then on the reverse side I painted the stamp in with Twinkling H2O paints. (They are water color paints that are full of mica, hence the twinkle). I layered the transparency over a image by Waterhouse named The Soul of The Rose.
Here you see the front of one page overlapping the back of another page. (All of the 11 pages that I created are the same.)
For the back of each page, I used various patterned papers, over stamped with a swirl stamp and chalk ink and then added an image from a Shakespearean Flower book.
To finish off the page, I punched small holes all along the edge and then stitched bias cut silk strips with gold seed beads.
I will get 10 different pages from the other artists participating in this swap and then I plan to create a book after placing fabric loops on the left hand edge of each page. i am working on the covers of my book right now . i am using fabric, stamps, beads and paint to create the covers in the style similar to that of artist Beryl Taylor.
I will be taking a class this Sunday in Savage MD., at the Queen's Ink Rubber Stamp Store.
Artist Catherine Moore will be teaching a class on Altered Books. I will be taking the class with my good friend Trina, so she and I will miss our Altered Arts Group Meeting.
As soon as I get the other pages from this swap I will share them with you. I am sure that they will be fabulous!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails