Friday, June 15, 2007

Summer Journal Quiltie

I have finished my Summer Quiltie for a swap on Surface Design. I decided to go ahead and use the discharge dyed fabrics that I posted earlier and I am pleased with how the piece evolved. in fact, I need to go back and make one for myself!!


The tan strips are actually sandpaper that I stitched into the piece. I also added tiny shells from my huge Cape Cod collection, beads, hand dyed cheesecloth and vintage lace to mimic the foam of the waves.

For the back of the piece, I made fabric paper and sewed on an image from a childrens book . Before sewing the image, I caoted it with several layers of Matte medium to "plasticize " it so it woiuld be more durable for sewing. Then, At the bottom edge I stitched on a few more water droplet beads. I will be getting this piece in the mail to Cindy today!!!

1 comment:

Laura Krasinski said...

I love both of these quilts. So much going on in the first one.. I think the surface textures are very cool...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails