Monday, November 5, 2007

Birds and Fairies Everywhere!

It has been too long since my last post!! I have been pushing hard to get the 30 Garden Fairies and the Bird Dolls done for the Gallery in Reston, in between making a double batch of homemade rolls for Tom to take into work tomorrow and a batch of homemade Pretzels for Matthew to take into German Club for their Oktoberfest celebration!! I can now say that they are complete!! Everything is tagged and ready for delivery! I have so many other things to do and shows and gifts to get ready for, never mind two kids that have birthdays on either side of Christmas . Matthew, my soon to be 16 year old (EGAD!!!!), just informed me that Thanksgiving was only two weeks from this coming Thursday!!!! YIKES!!!!!

Enough whining here are my Wing Dings!! I love them! They are so much fun to create and each one developes her own personality!
Listen To Your Heart
Let Yourself Soar

Sing Your Own Song (version 2)

Follow Your Dreams

I will be making more birds as I want to have stock for my other events and to have stock to post on my Etsy site.

Here are the last of the Garden Fairies- the ones that I like the best.

I am enjoying creating the faces . The gals take on some real personality depending on how I shape the eyes and mouth! I have also been paying alot of attention to the backs of the dolls. I am a real stickler for the details and these girls must look good from all angle

I have also made some functional art using some of my collaged and paint scraped papers. The frames were covere d with my papers and then coated with many coats of a heavy varnish for extra durability. Mirros are very hard to photograph!!

The mirror in the center is about 4 inches square and the frame is 4inches all around. these will make nice occasional mirrors on a small wall. Hopefully people will like them, they are certainly one-of-a-kind!!

I will be back with another post in a day or two, as I have 5 or ten different projects in the works right now- all at various stages of "Doneness"! In the meantime please say a little prayer for us here in the Mid Atlantic- we are supposed to get some rain tonight and we need it desperately!!!

Keeping my fingers and toes crossed..............

2 comments:

Ro Bruhn said...

The birds are such divine little creatures, I love their circle bodies

Dianne said...

The wing dings are wonderful - love them!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails