Sunday, July 6, 2008

Rainy Days and Sundays.....

...don't bother me a bit!!! Eldest child was at a sleepover last night. Becca and the dogs and I stayed up late and slept late. Becca was up at eleven!!! I think that she is getting ready to grow again- probably will pass me in height this time!!!! YIKES!!

It has been raining off and on all day, but i love it when I can use the time to be creative. I can't be in the garden or be out exercising more than a quick walk with the dogs. The rest of the time I was working, jumping form one project to the next. While one process was drying, I would move on to the next step in the next project. I was in my groove and it was great!!
As we returned from our walk with the dogs, as the storm clouds were building, I dashed out to pick some flowers to enjoy indoors.



I have taken quite a liking to the tall graceful spires of the blossoms of Hosta. Some hosta blooms are incredibly fragrant, very similar to lilies. This type will bloom later on. For now I have the pale lavendar variety that the bees love. They are so curvaceous and wonderful in a very loose bouquet. I didn't want to get too far away from the bouquet with the camera, as then you all would see how messy the kitchen is!! This post is about creativity not neatness and cleaning!!!!! Some of the spires curl and twist out about 2 feet or so!!!


Beneath the flowers you can see one of the projects for the day. This project is actually complete while the others are ongoing. These will be tags for my Stationery Sets once they start flying off the shelves of my ETSY shop!!! ( A girl must dream!!!) Anyway, I dug out some old supplies and loved using them as much this time as I had in the past!! First I stamped onto white tages with rubber stamps coated with Gesso. I let the gesso dry thoroughly and then spritzed the tags with several colors of Glimmer Mists!! Glimmer Mists are wonderful Mica filled inks that are pure magic!! they come in glorious colors with beautiful names like Wine and Roses, Wisteria, Key Lime, Olive Vine. These inks are made by Tattered Angels and can be found at many on line vendors as well as at Stamping stores. In the end items appear to have been kissed by fairy dust!



Once the tags are dry you can see the stamped pattern has resisted the uptake of the ink . They are subtle but beautiful, eventhough you can't see much of the mica shimmer in these pictures. When it rains it is hard to get good daylight photos- that is ONE drawback!! Here is how I will use the tags with my Stationery!

Now I am off to put another layer ona collage in progress and make some fabric paper beads for a Charm Swap!

I am getting very close to my 200th post so I am also working on a project for a specail blog giveaway, to be announced soon! Yes, I am a tease!!!!




7 comments:

Bel said...

Hi Elizabeth I love your tags, they are gorgeous a perfect match with the stationary sets. Belinda

Anonymous said...

Hi Elizabeth: ohhhhhhh how I love Glimmer Mists and Olive Vine is the one I reach for the most, even when I've used other colors, like Robin or Auburn the colors just sparkle, sparkle, sparkle. Love your tags and the idea of stamping with the gesso, that is great : ) Love, love, love your art, thanks for sharing : )
Blessings, Sandra in AZ

artisbliss said...

Wonderful tags, Elizabeth.

artisbliss said...

There's an award for you on my blog, Elizabeth.

artbeth67 said...

Beautiful cards and tags! Absolutely gorgeous colors all around! :)

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

Beautiful tags Elizabeth! Thanks for stopping by my blog :-)
Pat

girlgonethreadwild said...

Rainy days & a Sunday... you scored!

Can I just say these are perty... love the color!
xo, Monica

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails